12.5.09

New Guitar? Custom Voyager?




So i've been talking to XX Gutiars out of Belle Plaine, IA. A local custom shop that crafts hand-made guitars. I'm pretty excited, i hope they get my quote back soon. I'm basically making a Kramer Voyager copy with 3 hums, a floyd, and 24 frets. It's going to be an amazing guitar, if I have enough cash. I'm assuming that this place isn't exactly cheap, so who knows at this point.. I'll probably end up modding it out a little myself anyway after they do most of the work. Like i want pointed ends on it opposed to rounded, and i'll have to do the paintjob myself, and I'm not sure about the necks they make or put on it, but I assume they're of decent quality, or they wouldn't be selling them. The paint-job is the only thing i've got left to make up in my mind.


My other option is to get a brand new guitar, I was thinking either a Les Paul or an SG. Les Paul's are expensive but killer, and for the SG i was looking at this G-400 and it looked pretty dece. Depends on the action mostly.. I want a guitar I don't have to do a thing to, Just pick it up and go.


I'm really hoping i'll be able to just custom shop a guitar though, It's too much of a pain to keep looking around for a 88 Kramer Voyager, and everything at guitar center ends up feeling cheap. Used gutiars are nice, but they're not always super reliable.
Sooo, Yeah. I'm not sure what to do yet. I'm really wanting a custom shop voyager though.

No comments:

Post a Comment