5.2.09

Planet Terror!


I was recently chillin watching TV and while surfing the movie listings on my digital cable i see the words "Grindhouse: Planet Terror". Who could pass up something that awesome sounding? So I started watching, It had just started, and of course ZOMBIES come out of nowhere and start killin stuff. So I'm totally hooked because Zombies are awesome. Then theres this dude named El Wray who comes in all guns blazing. Tons of action in this flick for sure. I'd say more but I don't want to ruin the suppose plot line for those who havn't seen it. :P

So this movie is supposed to pay homage to old horror flicks of the 70's and 80's that inspired Robert Rodriguez. I'm an old b-rate horror movie junkie from time to time, so this really peaked my interest. The film also has false intros of "Upcoming Features" with names like "Don't" and "Werewolf Women of the SS". There's a supposed rumor that they're making the one called "Machette". which I've always liked old "Grindhouse" or "Exploitation" movies because they're usually still spooky and from time to time unintentionally funny. Not to mention crazy random violence torwards radioactive zombies is always good in a movie.

This film had all the charm of it's predecessors, and a really hot chick with a M16 for a leg who rides motorcylces. How could anyone not like that? Originally they released this movie with another called "Death Proof" in a double feature. Death Proof was directed by Quentin Tarantino, and is more like Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry with a few horror elements tossed in [It still doesn't top a hot chick with an M16 for a leg in my book].

Without ruining anything, I highly reccomend this film because it kicks ass in all ways.

Grindhouse: Double Feature Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0AaVUs3-Pw
Grindhouse: Fake Traliers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmckBc0aG3M

Currently Listeing to: Nothing.. MY iPod died. My manly pink iPod mini died...

No comments:

Post a Comment